Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Swing Sequence

Yesterday I spent another very cold day on the range (yes, it was 20 degrees; yes, I realize that's crazy). Why am I telling you this? Well I brought my camera with me, and discovered that after taking video with it, I could then split the individual frames up to stills for a nice swing sequence:



I wasn't originally going to post any of this, but my brother encouraged me to. Here's his email analyzing it:
You do an amazing job of keeping your spine angle throughout, and your address angle is perfect. Even though it doesn't necessarily look like it, you have a swing that is closer to one-plane than two. Your take away is on plane the entire time (around your body), where as with a two plane swing the club immediately is above the address line (almost above your shoulders). You also have the wrist rotation in a clockwise fashion, like a one plane swinger. The only difference is (and is probably what to work on) is getting the downswing to match up. You are somewhere in between the two on the downswing. At contact, your club should have gotten back to the same address angle (45 rather than 55). It seems as though you are late getting into the appropriate slot on the way down.
He sounds like a pro, doesn't he? (He's not.)

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts about how to get into the "appropriate slot" -- or any other thoughts on what I should be doing with my swing -- please feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment