Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Mission

My goal is a relatively simple one:

18 holes, even par. Just once.

(Of course, once it happens, the goal will be to do it again.)

I've had the goal all year, and I've come close a few times. But it hasn't come together yet. The purpose of this blog is going to be two-fold: one, to track my progress in the public sphere; and two, to keep a log of the best and most interesting rounds so that I can reflect on them someday. A public golf journal of sorts...mostly for me. But if you come across it and happen to enjoy it, then all the better.

First, a few stats about me and my golf game:

  • I'm 30 years old
  • I live in Boston, which means my golf season is only about 4-5 months long
  • I started the year with a USGA index of 8.6; I'm currently at 6.0, and my peak was 5.3 (on 8/6/08)
  • My best round of the year so far was a 74 (+2) at Pinehills Golf Club (Nicklaus Course) in Plymouth, MA (see scorecard here)
  • For a quick snapshot of my game, see my profile on oobgolf.com

Here's some footage of my swing, just in case you care:

The inspiration for this blog was my most recent round -- which, by the way, was not even close to even par. So let's start there....

No comments:

Post a Comment